Topic: Stuff & Nonsense
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both! Egg Nog says Christmas to me though, where Hot Chocolate is all winter long.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He fills the Stockings only, gifts beneath the tree are from friends & family.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights, Grew up with white & it is boring.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The Weekend after Christmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown sugar.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas morning with my whole family together between the stockings & the tree we'd have breakfast with homemade eggnog & fresh bread or coffee cake & all spend time together & talk. (Last year Christmas eve I was awake half the night remembering all kinds of Christmas memories, I've never had that happen before, just been flooded with rememberances of things past)
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about 8 & I read everything, voraciously, my Grandmother who lived with us brought home Womans Day & Family Circle magazines all the time & one of them had a story about a boy finding out about Santa & I caught on at that point.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My kids do.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of old novelty ornaments, (hallmark type & handmade- my mother gives one each year to remind me & others of my brother & father both dead for 15+ years- last year's was a chewbacca action figure because my brother collected star wars stuff) glass balls, new & antique (which I try to collect) strings of popcorn & cranberries, strips of tinsel not the garland kind.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Working at a job where I can get fired for over 7 absences in a year I dread snow like the plauge. I like to see it falling in the few weeks before Christmas I admit, it really puts the Christmas season in place for me. After Christmas though, YUCK!
12. Can you ice skate? Yep.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Probably the year my ex & I got together & he gave me an emerald ring- it didn't fit quite right but I wore it with my finger turning purple all through the holiday weekend until he could get it sized.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my Kids & family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Croquemboushe.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Just being together.
17. What tops your tree? A star with white lights in it. (I know, I said I like color, but the star just needs to be white.)
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Snow at Christmas by Greg Lake (of Emerson, Lake & Palmer) you know, the one that goes: 'they said there'd be snow at Christmas, they said there'd be peace on earth' ? (as for real, traditional Christmas songs it would be Angels we Have Heard on High)
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? Yummy but only once or twice a year. not a huge peppermint fan.