Now Playing: Happy? by Mudvane
Topic: Stuff & Nonsense
1. Who was your first prom date? No prom, I was homeschooled & missed out on all that pomp & circumstance. for which I was profoundly grateful for at the time but think now I have no universal memory like the rest of my peers at least in the U.S.
2. Who was your first roommate? Chrissy...19 Berkley Road Hull Mass...1 block from the ocean & right next door to hell (to hear the neighbors tell it they were next door to hell being next door to us though) What a wild year! - ok 9 months!
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? Vodka & Fruit Punch. With Chrissy...Also the night of my first kiss & because I was drunk I do not remember my first kiss- A life lesson I have done very well in remembering...next day Chris dropped me off at home & I went out with my father & brother while hung over... don't have a clue where we went either, I just remember being in the car feeling sick & it being very hot....years later when I told my father I was hung over he was amazed & could not belive I could possibly have been.
6. What was your first job? pre taxes: Babysitting for my aunt & uncle.at their house, 25 bucks a week & room & board. free cable in my room & saturdays & sundays off.
post taxes: Dunkin Donuts pouring coffee & serving donuts...ugh
5. What was your first car? 1978 Plymouth Arrow. this is where I learned the life lesson that 4 cylinder cars should not have automatic transmissions! at least not if they're 10 years old & have been driven in the mountians for their whole lives.
6. When did you go to your first funeral? Memorial Service: at age 8 I was an acolyte at my church & was asked to do the service. real funeral? I guess my Brothers graveside service would qualify so I was 20.
7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? 15 if you count moving in with the aforementioned aunt & uncle. 18 when I moved here to VA for 3 months...
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Hallie, though we didn't label it as first grade, that was too limiting...as you can see we also didn't belive in the ms or mrs labels either. we were all on a first name basis....lol, though I admit I'm still more comfortable that way myself, I hate it when my kid's friends try to call me mrs anything (that's my (ex) step mother in law..not me)
9. Where did you go on your first airplane ride? at 24 to Houston Texas with my ex & my oldest kid who was 2 then & did not like the pressure "ok," she said as the plane took off, "that's enough, I want to get OFF NOW" my ex & I were laughing so hard we couldn't even speak to her. We went there to get my mother who'd been living there for awhile & was driving back, she flew us down to spell her in the driving, when I tell people on the phone at work who are from Texas, when they ask if I've ever been to Texas. That I've only been to Houston, they tell me not to judge Texas by Houston! I think that's funny 'cause I saw nothing wrong with Houston.
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was with you? I never had to sneak out of the house, my mother was at work & my father upstairs in his den. They also (probably stupidly) trusted me.
11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends always? My cousin Jenn was really my first best friend. for non-related people, it was Heather & no, it was one of those friends because our parents were friends things (we were a year old) & the last time I saw her we were 10 or so.... We were supposed to get together after my Brother died but after 2 years of missing each other's calls, & not being able to find each others places (that was me, I hate driving around Brockton MA) we sortof gave it up.
12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house? Hull with Chrissy, (See #2)
13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Call? The reason I have a bad day is because I'm on the phone with a headset on my head listening to people bitch. The last thing I do after a bad day is call someone....(if it's a bad day that was not work related I'd probably call my Grandmother- even at 88 she's got a great way of taking things as she come & I'm glad she's rubbed off on me over the years)
14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen? Never have been a bridesmaid, I was a flower girl when I was 3 or 4 though, & the only thing I remember is the bride grabbing me (during the wedding at the front of the church) by the shoulders & planting me in one spot hissing 'stay still' I sincerely hope I didn't ruin the wedding.
15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Make sure everyone has coats on & their knapsacks, this is from my bed as they go out the door....
16. What was the first concert you ever went to? Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the south shore music circus, I think they took me in utero even....Concert I cared about: Iron Maiden & Twisted Sister at the Worcester Centrum
17. First tattoo or first piercing? 15 years old, on my left thigh above my knee, a heart, all because I'd watched Escape from New York on hbo that night & was really in love with that snake on his belly, I wanted to know just where that snake ended....lol...
18. First celebrity crush? Davy Jones of the Monkees.
19. First crush? JH from my church.
20. First love? Ugh...I mean Doug. My oldests dad...We all have our lessons to learn He taught me well...