Now Playing: Keep 'Em Seperated, by Offspring
Topic: Stuff & Nonsense
With thanks (apologies?)to Open Book Jennifer
1. My uncle once:. Let me live with him & my aunt for 6 months, if they hadn't done so I doubt I or my mother would have survived my 15th year.
2. Never in my life: Have I seen the sun set into the ocean, that's part of my plans before I die to go to California & see that, some poor, unromantic soul pointed out to me once I could do that on the west coast of Florida & could not understand when I said ''but it's not the same"
3. When I was five: I used to set up all the lawn chairs in our barn, I showed my mother what I'd done, pointed to the little chairs & said these are for the kids, then I pointed to the big chairs & said these are for the people, my mother didn't get what I meant at first, then she realized I meant grown ups when I said people & told me 'kids are people too, we're all people', I still remember this because it was such a total revelation to me!
4. High School was: High school?....lol... I never went & I don't mean I skipped, I was homeschooled & belive me there are not alot of 37 year olds who can say THAT!
5. I will never forget: Any of my kid's births, or when I was told, ever, that someone I knew had died.
6. I once met: ??? no one famous
7. There's this girl I know who: Coughed so hard she ruptured all the blood vessels in 1 eye, the whole white part of her eye is bright red.
8. Once, at a bar: Someone drove thru the wall of the bar as they were pulling into the parking lot, he'd already had a few at home, needless to say.
9. By noon, I'm usually: (work days:) needing to go pee because I drank a whole bottle of Sobe on break an hour before. (home days:) either just getting out of bed because I've been reading there for a few hours or glued to the computer.
10. Last night: I watched a dvd with my kids on tv, (Harry Potter & the goblet of fire) took a shower & went to bed at a reasonable hour.
11. If I only had: (are you kidding?) An electrician, A lot of money, A good man (oxymoron...& that's why I'll never have one...lol) All the time in the world.
12. Next time I go to church: I will have a long drive - it's 30 miles to the nearest Unitarian church- which is what I grew up as, other wise, as far as I'm concerned anytime I take a walk outside or on the blue ridge parkway I am in church.
13. Terry Shiavo: Is at peace now.
14. What worries me most: oh, everything, I worry about my kids, I worry about the rest of my family, I worry about money & not having enough & about getting sick & losing everything because I can't afford
15. When I turn my head left, I see: The door to the garage, Cat clinging to the edge of the window wanting to come in.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: my printer, my sewing boxes, my antique sewing machine.
17. You know I'm lying when: I say I don't remember something, I almost never forget anything- though I have a few fuzzy years, (I try not to remember too much of my time with my ex, at least the parts he was in)
18. What I miss most about the eighties: being a teenager.. maybe some of the music...
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I'd be: certainly not Juliet...lol, maybe lady Macbeth
20. By this time next year: I hope to have a clean neat house...ha ha...
21. A better name for me would be: I don't mind my name, I know my mother was going to name me Jemima after a character in a book, Mima for short. but she didn't because of Aunt Jemima's pancake syrup, she felt people would make fun of me.
22. I have a hard time understanding: How we can spend the day out, from 10 am to 6 pm & by 8 the house is a wreck again
23. If I ever go back to school, I'll: Yeah, right!
24. You know I like you if: I actually talk to you
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: My mother for giving me life & then my kids for beliving in me
26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: Does Barbra DeAngelis count? (back when my ex left one of her books probably saved my life.) Kurt Cobain, Johnny Depp & Hillary Clinton
27. Take my advice, never: oh boy, way too many things to list, never belive a liar, never fall in love untill the background check comes back. Never tell a 9 year old that you might do anything because overnight it becomes written in stone that you 'promised' to do whatever it was not just said in passing that you might or would try.
28. My ideal breakfast is: Homemade Pancakes (i'll mix them you cook them) spread with Raspberry Jam
29. A song I love, but do not have is: Finger Eleven: One Thing
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: You check out the Blue Ridge Parkway
31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: Peonys, Liars, Music & Celebritys in general
32. Why won't people: just live & let live
33. If you spend the night at my house: either you'll sleep in my bed or you'll be uncomfortable, I have a terrible couch.
34. I'd stop my wedding for: I don't intend to get married again so almost anything, I'm not much for pomp & circumstance. my daughter was my flower girl at the first (only) one in front of the fireplace at my grandmothers house & we did take a little break because she was bored & restless
35. The world could do without: people who seem to know how you should live your life better than you do yourself.
36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: um, not much I would not do rather than do that.
37. My favorite blonde is: my son, who will tell you he's not a redhead hes 'strawberry blonde'
38. Paper clips are more useful than: Rubber bands? what are we looking for here?
39. If I do anything well, it's: Read
40. And by the way: The Only Constant is Change